Q: I need in-home care for my loved one and I feel so overwhelmed. Where do I begin?

A: We hear this statement often. It’s easy to become confused and overwhelmed when weighing your
options for in-home care.

We suggest starting with your county Area Agency on Aging (AAA) to see if you qualify for one of their programs: Options or the Family Caregiver Support. The AAA will conduct a free, in-home evaluation and will tell you if you are eligible for any of their programs. If you are eligible, they will give you a list of Home Care Agencies in your area that can perform these services, and Nealen Personal Care is on this list. They can also give you information on Meals on Wheels and Personal Emergency Response systems. The phone number for the Cambria County Area Agency on Aging is (814) 539-5595.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *